Ranger RL-8500XLT Super-Duty Brake Lathe w/ Bench & Tooling
Part No: RNG-RL8500XLT
Alaska, Hawaii, & any/all US territories & international orders are excluded.
The heavy-duty, extended RL-8500XLT combination brake lathe is capable of truing a full 10in the deep brake drum. It features independent DC servo motors to command both the spindle-feed-drives and cross-feed-drives. This eliminates complex gearboxes and transmissions found on mechanically-driven lathes.
- The extended capacity spindle can be used on brake drums 10in deep
- The rear bushing location provides extra support for the arbor
- Capable of truing even the heaviest drum rotors
- In contrast to mechanically-driven transmission and gearboxes, the RL-8500XLT uses precision electric DC servo motors designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial motion control.
- Quick-Change Adapter-Plus system with built-in springs eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones.
- Works on all cars or trucks, both foreign and domestic, with hubless drums, rotors / center hole sized 2-5/32in - 4in, and composite rotors / center hole sized 4in - 6.25in
- The RL-8500XLT is equipped with features that help increase your service capability, like precision twin cutter tools and a quick drum-to-rotor changeover.
- Infinite variable spindle and cross feed speed settings allow for quick rough and precision finish cuts.
- Simple ergonomic controls are designed for minimal operator movement
- Legendary control makes units easy to learn and master.
- The RL-8500XLT maintains accuracy year after year thanks to ruggedly constructed components, like a hardened, precision ground spindle that resists grooving and makes boots a thing of the past
- Massive tapered spindle bearings offer superior weight support during rotation
- Our exclusive "splash-lube" oil-feed system supplies a constant flow of oil to the bearings making sure they provide years of trouble-free service
- Serpentine belts provide a faster, quieter operation, reducing chatter and vibration
- An independent cross-feed motor eliminates the need for plastic or bronze shear gears which are expensive and time-consuming to replace
- A convenient top storage tray means your popular adapters and tools are kept within short reach
- Separate motors on the drum and rotor feed help maximize the main motor's efficiency
- Our deluxe standard adapter package includes a Quick-Change hubless adapter system that makes mounting rotors and drums quick and easy
- A variety of adapters let you machine all standard and composite rotors for foreign and domestic cars and light trucks
- A 450-lb. cast iron body and a solid workbench reduces transient vibrations, ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish with each pass
- Easily change arbor speeds in seconds: choose 150 or 200 rpm, depending on the job
- Positive rake cutter tip angle provides for a single-pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete your work faster than with inferior multi-pass lathes
- Optional truck adapter kit available
Specs:Motor Drive Unit: 115 - 230 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz, 1 Ph, 20 amp
Max Rotor Thickness: 2.5in (64 mm)
Max Rotor Diameter: 17in (432 mm)
Brake Drum Diameter: 6in - 28in (152 mm - 711 mm)
Max Load with Standard 1in Arbor: 150 lbs. (68 kg)
Max Load with Optional 1-7/8in Truck Arbor: 250 lbs. (113 kg)
Spindle Travel: 9-7/8in (248 mm)
Spindle Speed: 150 rpm - 200 rpm
Cross Feed Speed: (∞) 0 - .010in per revolution / 0 - 0.25 mm per revolution
Spindle Feed Speed: (∞) 0 - .020in per revolution / 0 - 0.55 mm per revolution
Overall Mounted Height: 62in (1,575 mm)
Spindle to Floor (Mounted): 39-1/2in (1,003 mm)
Required Floor Space (W x D): 53in x 36in (1,347 mm x 914 mm)
Shipping Weight w/ Bench & Tools: 730 lbs. (331 kg)
Shipping Dimensions: 46in x 45in x 29in (1,168 mm x 1,143 mm x 736 mm)
Standard Tooling:1 x Quick-Change Adapter Plus System
1 x Backing Plate 6.75"OD
1 x Backing Plate 5.25"OD
1 x Sm. Cup w/ Built-in-Spring 5.25"OD
1 x Lg. Cup w/ Built-in-Spring 6.75"OD
1 x Dbl. Tapered Collet 1.322" x 1.670"
1 x Dbl.Tapered Collet 1.362" x 1.710"
1 x Dbl. Tapered Collet 1.711" x 2.073"
1 x Dbl. Tapered Collet 2.074" x 2.440"
1 x Dbl. Tapered Collet 2.441" x 2.897"
1 x Centering Cone 1.187" x 2.25"
1 x Self-Aligning Spacer 1 5/8" long
1 x Spacer 1/2" long
1 x Spacer 2" long
1 x Bell Clamp 4 1/4"OD
1 x Step Adapter 1" x 2"
1 x Spring
1 x Drum Silencer
1 x Universal Silencer band
1 x Large Wrench
1 x Large Rubber Silencer
1 x Small Rubber Silencer
1 x Small Wrench
1 x Spanner Wrench
1 x Arbor / Arbor Nut
1 x Twin Cutter Assembly
1 x Drum Boring Bar Assembly
1 x Truck Backing Plate 7.40"/188mm
1 x Small Truck Cone 4.124" x 5.25"/ 104.77mm x 133.35 mm
1 x Large Truck Cone 5.125" x 6.25" / 130.18 x 158.75mm
1 x Double Tapered Truck Collet 2.841"x 3.190"/ 72.16 x 81.03mm
1 x Double Tapered Truck Collet 3.191"x 3.560" / 81.05 x 90.43mm
Ranger Warranty:2 Years Equipment Structure
1 Year Operating Components
1 Year Labor
1 Year Free‐Shipping** on ground‐freight charges related to warranty performance
More Info Here